About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Lakewood Football vs Mission Viejo - 2nd Round CIF Playoffs

If you would like to view and order pictures from this game just click on the above title.

Here we are in the second round of the CIF playoffs. I personally didn't think we would get this far. Don't get me wrong, my son goes to Lakewood and I support them all the way, but with the way they've played this season I really didn't think we would make it past the first round of the playoffs. The first round, which I missed due to having a severe sinus infection, was against Servite at Cerritos College. That game ended at 35-34 with a victory for Lakewood and brought our next game home. There was a lot of talk about Mission Viejo's quarterback and how good he was, but our defense came ready to play and played hard football. The penetrated the line and put a lot of pressure on Mission Viejo's quarterback. Offense started off slow but picked it up in the second half and dominated the field. I can't wait till next week when we meet Poly for the second time this season. I do feel it's necessary to say "Stand by Poly, Lakewood is a different team then when we met the first time"









I always try to get some decent shots of the quarterback during a game. I was able to get some nice shots of Mission Viejo's quarterback but not too many of Lakewood's.



"The Coach"

This shot was taken just prior to kickoff and thought it was a great look. It says it all about the competition and what it takes to manage and get a team to this stage. See in next week in the semi-finals against Poly.

7 comments:

CMR photography said...

Hey Jim
They all look great as usual Really can feel the pain of the face mask shot OUCH!!!

Denise Marie Olson said...

I too cringed at the face mask shot!! awesome intensity in these shots. I'll tell ya, that 300mm lens is just the best for football. best of luck to the team this coming week!

Sara Hurt (Biese) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Hurt (Biese) said...

Oh how I wish you were in Oklahoma capturing some Sooner action! These are just superb as always! Yes..I agree ouch on that facemask!

Wendy said...

Hey Jim! How are you??? As usual your photos are the best. I have missed seeing your work & found you through Sara's blog. Keep up the great work.

Denise M. Godfrey said...

Wow, Jim - these are GREAT! You have the best sports shots, hands down!

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love these shots. I really wished that you guys beat Poly Friday night. My team wanted to go to State again. But, we have to win CIF first. I love looking at your photos, you totaly inspire me. Every Friday night, I have your photos in my head as I am taking mine. I just wished that mine looked like yours.