About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Its all about the Terns - with a bonus

Yesterday in Southern Calif was such a beautiful day I just had to get out.  After taking my mom and dad out to lunch, I went home got my gear and headed out to the Wetlands, yep, my favorite place to enjoy a great day.

As I drove up I can see there were already a lot of photographers in the middle portion of the wetlands capturing the action of the Terns fishing, so once I got set up I took the 3/4 mile walk along the trail boarding Pacific Coast Highway and wetlands to get to the Terns.  I found myself a spot to sit and enjoy the late afternoon taking shots of the Terns fishing.  Now my goal was to get some shots of them exiting the water after a dive and then shaking off the water.  I had my 300 f/2.8 and 1/4 tele-converter attached, which is some occasions made the action just too close, but it did work out in the end.

I was able to get some nice shots of both, but not the shot that just says "BAM", still trying to get that shot and I know I will.

After sitting there for about an hour I decided I needed to get up and see if the Osprey was out and after walking into the wetlands more I found him on his normal perch.  I position myself along the upper trail so I can get a more level shot of him and simply waited.  The shots I wanted was of him taking off and possibly pooping.  Well today I was able to get both, which was a bonus so to speak.

So please enjoy the shots as much as I did taking them.













No comments: