About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Millikan

This marks the first league game of the season and it was needed for Lakewood, who had a very tough pre-season.  This game was a huge turn around from Lakewood's overwhelming loses against Sera, Los Alamitos, and Vista Murrieta.  This meant some great action for me to shoot.

Something else was new for this first league game and that's new uniforms for Lakewood.  In all honesty I'm on the fence with these uniforms and not sure.  The black and red I can go for as those were my school colors at Banning (Wilmington, CA), but not sure about the checkered board shoulders.  Either way it was a new look and something good for Lakewood.

This game was played with the Hamilton Trophy on the line.  Lakewood has controlled the Hamilton Trophy for the last 13 years, but as you know already from what I've said above, Lakewood will keep the Hamilton Trophy for another year.

Here are some of my favorites from the game.  Please enjoy.




 










No comments: