About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Cabrillo

Next to the Poly game, which was last week, this was a big game for Lakewood.  Last year both teams played a very close and hard fought game with Cabrillo taking the win, so Lakewood needed this win to continue their pursuit for second place in league and a spot for the playoffs.

Now normally I will post the shots in the order they happen during the game, but I wanted to share this first shot, well first.  During the fourth quarter we had two students run down the length of the field.  One was fully clothed and the other was, well see below.

This game had to be the worst officiated game I have ever seen.  Both teams had a combined 45 penalties for a total of over 450 yards.  Not just that, but for most of the penalties called the officials would get together and confer, which simply seemed odd and delayed the game.  The first 1.34 minutes of the second half took 17 minutes of real time.

Now its time to prepare for the next game.  In the meantime please enjoy the shots.

All pictures from this game will be uploaded to my smugmug account (jim-cayer.smugmug.com).









No comments: