About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Lakewood vs Valley Christian - Girls Soccer

Can you say "Happy Camper". With football being over and some rain we've been getting I haven't had anything to shoot and those that know me know that I'm not happy unless I'm shooting some action or working on some pictures. It's what I do.

Were expecting another storm out here in sunny California and it looks like another middle school track meet will be cancelled but I did have a salvation, which came to me as a high school soccer game. The clouds were dark and filled the sky just waiting to release their cargo upon this sports photographer, but someone must have been listening to my prayers as the rain waited until later in the evening.

I've been asked to shoot Lakewoods girls soccer team and have the first game under my belt this season. Eventhough the weather was the greatest I did end the day with some nice shots.

Equipment used was the beast (300 f/2.8) and my 1.4x converter for the first half, after which I removed it. Shot in aperture priority mode at f/2.8 with the ISO starting at 800 and ending at 1600. My shutter stayed between 1/1000 and 1/1600 to stop the action.






No comments: