About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Lakewood Varsity Basketball vs Jordan

This was Lakewood's last season game and my last game as well, at least for the season that is.

So enjoy the pictures and hopefully I'll see this team again next year.









3 comments:

Misty Jones Photography said...

Great job as always!

Cynthia said...

Solid captures (as always)!!! Are you taking these right by the hoop? What lens do you recommend for basketball? I tried the 85/1.8, but I wasn't comfortable with it's width as I typically shoot w/ 17-50/2.8 lens. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks a bunch Misty and Cynthia. Cynthia I tend to you my 70-200 f/2.8 when shooting basketball and position myself anywhere between the corner and just outside the basket. The corner gives me good position for the layups and plays at the net as well as nice shots of them hitting the lane just under the basket. If I'm near the basket then I get good shots of the players making a drive towards the basket when making a break.