About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lakewood High Class of 2010 - Graduation

This is way over due, but I didn't want to just post some shots. Rather I wanted to speak from my heart about my son's graduation.

On June 17th, 2010 my son graduated from Lakewood High School, an event that I really didn't think was going to happen. It wasn't until a few weeks before graduation that I finally knew that the big day was actually going to happen. My son is a very intelligent kid, but then again I'm sure most parents would say that about their kids. In this case it's very true. My son and I have argued over the last 7 years about classes, grades, and homework. You name it and I'm sure we've argued about it, but what's important is that I believed in him and never gave up. I made sure that he truly knew that I would always be there for him and help him in any way I can. As a matter of fact I think it made us so much closer, more than just a dad and son.

So needless to say when it was real, when I knew that my son was going to walk on that stage and receive his high school diploma, I was very emotional and wasn't sure how that day was really going to effect me. Lakewood runs a program that allows those parents who volunteer their time throughout their child's high school career and accumulate enough points to go on stage with their child while they receive their diploma. Initially this was for only one parent, but we found out just prior to the start of graduation that both my wife and I would be given the opportunity to go on stage with our son. What a wonderful experience that was.

I initially thought that the day would be very emotional for me, but I have to say that I was running around like a little kid taking pictures of my son and his friends. It was the best experience having such a great opportunity to be so close to all the excitement and on the field with my son.

Now on with the pictures, which of course has to start with shots of my son.





These next three shots are of my son's girlfriend.



Now for some of his close firends.









2 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Soooo cool, Jim! Congratulations to all of you! That third shot is amazing!

Lisa Walsh said...

Congrats to him!!!!! It's a tough road for us sometimes, isn't it? You must be so proud. That's awesome that you both got to go up on stage with him.