About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Torrance JV Football

Because I cover most of Lakewood High's football games I don't get to my nephews games as much as I'd like. My nephew plays for Torrance High School and starts on the JV team as well as suiting up for the Varsity games. Well this last Thursday (yesterday) I made his home game against West Torrance High. I pretty much focused my attention on him. I really wanted to capture some great shots of him in action. He starts as a linebacker and also plays as a fullback. These aren't the best action shots in my opinion but they do show him in his position and making some tackles.

It was a pleasure watching him action and seeing him grow as a footballer. I hope I can make more games.





Here a few shots of my nephew breaking blocks and rushing in for the tackle.






Making the tackel on the quarterback.


My nephew attempting to intercept a missed pass.

Here's a nice two shot sequence of my nephew rushing through the gap to sack the quarterback.


Just a couple of fun plays I did. sometimes I can't help myself.

I really don't have much action to share as I did spend most of my time trying to capture my nephew in action. So here are just a few to share.

2 comments:

Denise Marie Olson said...

Whao, face mask #27.... great shots of your nephew. It is hard to capture the aerial, the "wow" action of a linebacker/fullback. but I'm sure when he saw those shots of him sacking the quarterback, put him on top of the mountain.... the expressions are priceless!!! nice job Homer!!

gidget_girrrl said...

Is that MY MJ? wow...he looks like a man on the field,...no little boy there,.... Man, what a game. Too bad I missed it. Glad to see these shots up here. Great shots of him. I know he's gonna be soooo proud....