About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Alumni Rival Football

First let me apologize for this being late.

Last Saturday a few of our local high school held their first Alumni Rival Football game at Veteran's Stadium. There were initially three games scheduled, but on game day there were only two.

The first game was Lakewood High vs Millikan High and the second game pitted Banning High vs Poly High. This was a great day for football as I got to shoot Lakewood High, which I've been covering for four years now, and Banning High, which is where I graduated from in 1982. It was very nice seeing Banning on the field again.

Lakewood and Millikan kicked off at 3pm, which was sweet. The only thing I love more than shooting football is shooting football during the day. The second game started at 6pm, which wasn't bad, but I had some terrible shadows during the first half due to the stands. The second game was very disappointing as Poly pretty much dominated the field.

So here are some pictures from the two games.



















No comments: