About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Lakewood Track vs Jordan

This was Lakewood's second league meet and against Jordan. Long Beach high schools have their track meets over two days. Since none of our schools have the facilities to throw the discus they meet on Wednesday, the day prior to the meet, to throw the discus at Long Beach Community College. It is during this that all of the school's get together to throw. A given school will only be competing against one school even though all of them are throwing. The following day, Thursday, is when the shotput and all of the remaining events are given.
For this meet I focused my attention on the high jumpers to get them in action. There were only a few jumpers from both schools so I was able to get some running action in between jumps and of course I had to watch my son throw the shotput.


"Picture of the Day"

I was sitting low on the ground to take this shot (A request from the mom) of this young lady coming off the blocks and right before the judge shot his starting pistol he must have said something, because she looked up at him with this expression.






High Jump







Discus









"My Son"




I am so proud of my son with how he is excelling in track. My son is a sophmore and this is his second year throwing the shotput and discus for his school. Last year as a freshmen he placed first in Moore League with the discus and second with the shotput. This year is starting to repeat last year. So far in his two league meets he has placed first in both shotput and discus. In this most recent meet against Jordan High he exceeded his farthest throw in both events. This Saturday he will be competting against various other athlete's in Los Angeles County during the Los Angeles County Inventational at Warren High School. Good Luck Son.




No comments: