About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Los Angeles Zoo

The end to a wonderful weekend.

With covering the Long Beach Middle School boys track meet, the BC All-American Football, and now the Los Angeles Zoo, it was a full but wonderful weekend.

My daughter asked about going to the zoo and although I had a full Saturday I thought it would be nice for us to have a family outing at the zoo. Now originally I planned on leaving the camera at home and just enjoying the day, but as you can see that didn't work. I ended up bringing my 300 and see what I could get. As you'll see I was glad I did bring the camera with the beast (my 300).

Here are some random shots from the various exhibits.





I could stay at the tiger exhibit all day just watching them.


Here's where the fun begins. While in the area around the chimpanzee's looking at other exhibits we heard loud noise coming from the chimpanzee's exhibit. They were yelling / screaming as if fighting, or at least that's how it sounded to us. So we went over to the exhibit to see what was going on. As it turned out there was one chimpanzee who appeared very agitated, which caused the rest of them to become agitated. They would just start running around every time this one chimpanzee came near and boy did they show their teeth. We stayed for a bit watching and taking pictures. I was glad I brought the beast with me.

Here a few shots to share.




And to end a wonderful weekend, here is a shot of two of the three (my son didn't come) most important people in my life, my wife and daughter "sweetheart".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awsome pics dude

kymberli q. said...

These are fantastic, Jim! I love those little meerkats. We've been talking about Riley to the zoo again now that she can really communicate and understand what things are. Great pictures and a fun family day it looks like you had!