About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seal Beach Surfing

During last week Southern California has experienced a nice storm resulting in rain and and tornado warnings throughout the week. Well last Saturday, after a week of rain, I headed out to Seal Beach to check out the high surf and see what kind of action there was. I wasn't disappointed. I spent a few hours taking some shots and enjoying a great sunny day at the beach.

These first three pictures were taken from the pier, which shook with each incoming wave.




The remaining shots were taken from the beach just east of the pier. This first shot, even thought it's not technically the best shot, I like a lot. Looks as if this bogey boarder is emerging from a cave, which is closing in around him.
















3 comments:

kymberli q. said...

These are FABULOUS, Jim! Holy moly - my heart races on some of them! Looks soooo scary! I hope these surfers know you got some shots of them - they are just awesome and I'm sure would love to have some! Loved seeing you photograph something out out of the norm for you - it's just as great!

Misty Jones Photography said...

Your my favorite sports photographer ever! I would so much rather have one of these on the wall then the cheesy pose holding the football on the sidelines thing! :)

your pixel perfect said...

Great shots Jim! I always love looking at your work!