About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Long Beach Middle School Boys & Girls Soccer Championships

I covered the Long Beach Middle School Division I & II Boys & Girls Soccer Championships held at Long Beach Wilson High School this past Saturday. Four solid games of soccer under an overcast sky, which is what prefer when shooting sports (life's natural diffuser).


The games started at 9am with the boys division II Chubberley vs Lindsey, then the boys division I Marshall vs Lindbergh, followed by the girls division II Chubberley vs Newcomb and ending with the girls division I Stanford vs Hughes.


It was a long day and although I did end up with some nice shots, I wasn't happy with the amount of nice shots. As the games progressed parents and fans began filling in along the sidelines limiting my shooting positions. I ended up positioning myself along the corners to get the different angles.


I'll start with some sportraits of the goalies followed by a few of my favorites.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great captures Jim!

Sue