About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mustangs - White Sox #2

Had my second parent from the Wilmington Mustang White Sox hire me to photograph their child in action. This young man started the game pitching and then went to catcher, so I was able to get some nice shots of him in action. I also had the parent from last week ask for additional shots of her son.






The following four shots were taken while I was kneeling behind the catcher during warm up between innings. I will say that if you attempt this technique to capture shots of the pitcher you must be alert and ready for a missed ball by the catcher and be willing to take a hit.

















On this shot notice the dust coming off the end of the bat after contact was made. I just missed the bob (ball on bat) shot.





The many faces of baseball

You may remember the pictures I took of this young man last week. I had various shots of him in action with his tounge sticking out. Here are a few more shots of him on second base trying to keep himself occupied. Don't you just love this age?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment, Homer! I'd usually be that person that reschedules, but we wouldn't have been able to match up our schedules until mid summer. But not anymore, I love shooting in the rain now!

Love these pictures, kids are so cute playing sports! That series cracks me up! I hope you're having a great day!

Lisa Walsh said...

The Oldest used to look like that when he tried baseball. We quickly decided there was too much "down time" for him.

Fantastic shots of the first boy! Excellent work!

Misty Sparks :) said...

How cute!!