About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Bolsa Chica Wet Lands

 It was the perfect evening to take a walk at the wet lands and of course I brought my camera.  The last time I was there the terns were becoming active and I was hoping the same would happen during my evening outing.  Well I wasn't disappointed, not just were the terns out fishing, but I was able to capture a larger assortment of birds this time around.

A Forster's Tern looking for fish.


A lone cattail as I hiked further into the wet lands - Very peaceful


A Snowy White Egret looking for a place to fish


A Cormorant coming in for a landing


Don't see much of these in the wet lands, but here's a Canadian Goose taking a break


A Marbled Godwit looking for din din


Snowy White Egret fishing


Same Snowy White Egret fishing from a different angle


Forsters Tern coming in for a landing


A Forsters Tern just after hitting the water


Even Forsters Terns' need a break from fishing now and then


A Cormorant flyby


Aborted dive from a Forsters Tern


A Forster's Tern hovers while searching for fish


A Forsters Tern dive was successful with dinner in beak


No comments: