About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sportsshooter

For those that don't know, there is a website called Sportsshooter that I frequent. On the most part I go to see what others are shooting and to see what I can do to better my sports photography.

I've attempted to become a member in the past by submitting some of my favorite shots, but was declined. Not sure why but I'm guessing it was because I didn't have any captions attached to any of my images. From what I see and hear, Sportsshooter is a site for professional sports photographers, journalist, and students. Quite a few of these photographers are shooting for professional teams or newspapers. At this level writing captions can be just as important as the action shot itself. This is the area where I lack. At the level of sports I shoot I don't really deal with captions, just no need for it, but in order to become a member of Sportsshooter I needed to add this and get a better understanding. Well now I think I'm ready to resubmit my pictures and this time I have captions.

So hopefully the Senior Photographer at Sportsshooter, whom I asked to sponsor me, will think I qualify and approve my request.


An unidentified surfer takes advantage of the high surf at Seal Beach on Dec 5, 07.



Wa Bam's Catcher, Rhiannon Meredith, catches a throw in preparation for a play at home plate during the first round Torrance Recreation Softball 12U play-offs on May 12, 08.





Ulises Escalera of Narbonne High School pitches against North Torrance High School on June 27, 08.




Narbonne High School's Jr. Varsity pitcher Jonathan Veil takes the mound against North Torrance High on June 27, 08.




Lakewood's Long Jumper Kevin Sin hits the pit during their meet against Millikan at Lakewood High School on April 24, 08.



Lakewood's Varsity Goalie Tiffany Hollis dives to block a kick by a Millikan Striker during the first Moore League Meet at Lakewood High School on Dec 12, 07



Alex Fletcher, Lakewood's leading rusher, breaks a tackle during Lakewood's annual Red & White two-hand touch football game at Long Beach Community College Vet's Stadium on May 30, 08.



Wide Receiver Ron Lewis of Lakewood High School catches a pass thrown by Jesse Scroggins during Lakewood's annual Red & White Game at Long Beach Community College Vet's Stadium on May 30, 08.



Ann Wang of the Belmont Shores Woman's Rugby team straight arms a defender during their game against Las Vegas at Hill Middle School on Feb 3, 08.



Quarterback Chris Smith of the Compton Tar-Babes hurdles a defender during the 605 East vs West All-Star Classic High School Football game held at Cerittos College on June 4, 08.

4 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

Good luck with Sportshooter, Jim. I am really impressed with the capture of the two baseball player's faces. Great. Stuff! Keep us informed how you do with that website. I have never heard of it, but it'll be interesting to see how they treat a fellow photographer. Cheers! ~ Al

Denise Marie Olson said...

Good Luck Homer..... Brad can't say no to this...no way....BTW, had the honor to meet Terrell Lloyd, staff photographer for the 49ers last week at Golden Gate School. A very nice fun guy. A another year or so and I'll walk down the street and introduce myself to Brad :) Good luck!!!!

gsh said...

Your long jump pic is every bit as good as this http://www.sportsshooter.com/contest/clip/winning_image.html?id=837

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks for the support, I have submitted the pictures and my info and am waiting for the reply from sportsshooter. Keeping my fingers crossed.