About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Bolsa Chica Wetlands - Skimmers

This evening out to the wetlands was so needed.

Over the 4th of July holiday we had a slight mishap at our home, which caused us all to be a bit down and out for a few days, so having the opportunity to get out and so some shooting was very much needed.

This evening turned out to be a skimmer evening.  There were already a few photographers out and shooting at one of the main spots I hit, so after watching the activity for a bit I found a great spot to sit that allowed me to get lower than normal.  I simply stayed low and waited for the skimmers to do their thing and shot away.  Very pleased with what I got, now if I can just get some nice red tail hawks or falcon shots I would be a very happy camper.
 








Just as the sun began to set below the trail I was able to get this great white coming in for a landing as well as the Night Crowned Heron, who seemed to be enjoying the sunset along Bolsa Chica Beach as much as I.



I've been doing more work with sunset and flowers / weeds and trying to get that evening glow you get as the sun sets.  So here are a few to add to my collection.






No comments: