About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Bolsa Chica Wetlands

In the last year you might have noticed a lot more sunset shots and shots from the wetlands.  Well with the wife and kids all working evening shifts I have a lot of night home alone and I just don't want to sit in an empty house.  So I will head out to the beach for a sunset or hit the wetlands to see what's out.
 
Well this past Saturday was just one of those nights, so I took the drive to the wetlands and did my thing.  It was a great night to be out and the activity was real nice.
 
Lets start with a ruffled Snowy White
 

Great Blue taking flight
 


While walking along a trail to see if any hawks were out I found this guy sunning himself on the trail.  He allowed me to get pretty close before taking off back into the brush.
 
Gopher Snake
 

 
Snowy White giving me a fly by
 

 
I think something scared this Snowy White as he looks like he simply jumped straight up, almost out of his claws.
 

 
Had a few Brown Pelicans fishing and sunning.
 

 
A Double-Crested Cormorant fishing along with the brown pelicans.
 

 
A Black Crowned Night Heron giving me a fly-by
 

 
Another shot of the Brown Pelican with a low fly-by
 

 
A Common Tern with a low fly-by as well
 

 
The Black Crowned Nigh Heron taking a break after his fly-by
 


No comments: