About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bolsa Chica Wetlands

Football season is just around the corner for me, but before that starts and I begin posting action shots, I have to share some shots from my last few visits to the wetlands.

There was a period where I thought I captured all I was going to capture with the various Terns in the wetlands, that minus the rare shot of a young Tern being fed by their parents.  With that said I recently started focusing on capturing the Terns as they emerged from the water after a dive and when they shake off the water.  These shots have been a challenge to capture and I'm still working and perfecting my skill with it.

Not all of these are shots of Terns, there are a few Egret shots, as well as some Black Skimmers and a Cormorant thrown in.

The key to shooting at the wetlands is to keep your eyes open and on the swivel and be ready for anything.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.






















No comments: