About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yankee Baseball

The vast majority of my work with baseball is from parents requesting me to capture their child in action during a game. This request was made by the parents of the two kids you see pictured below. When I'm asked to shoot these kids I will try to capture them in various stages of the game and types of action. I will also try for some personal candid shots.

When I'm hired for these types of jobs I make sure the parents understand the amount and quality of the action shots I obtain depend solely on the players involvement in the game and how much action they are actually involved in. Additional a players position will and can affect what type of shots I can obtain.

Both of these kids pitched during the game and the first also catched. During this game I positioned myself around the dugouts on both the first and third base side. When taking the direct shots of the pitchers I positioned myself behind the catcher and slightly to the side.

I used both my 300 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8. My cameras were set to aperture priority with an ISO ranging from 500 - 100, depending on how much cloud cover I had at the time.

Below you'll find various shots of each of these kids.









I really liked the look of the picture above and felt it was a great candiate for some playing with Lucis Arts.

1 comment:

kymberli q. said...

Awesome, Jim! The parents are going to LOVE these! Such a neat effect on that bottom one!! Reminds me of a picture that would be in a VIP box at a ballpark or something. So cool.