About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Lakewood Varsity vs Mayfair

"The Milk Bucket"


That's what this game is all about. Lakewood and Mayfair are cross town rivals and play for the Milk Bucket each pre-season. Lakewood has maintained the Milk Bucket for the last few years and this year Mayfair came to take it back, or at least made a great attempt to bring it home. In the end Lakewood gets to keep the Milk Bucket for another year.


This was a great game of football from both teams. There were some fantastic plays and passes that just made your jaw drop. Mayfair came out very strong in the first half and dominated the field going into half -time, but when Lakewood took the field during the second half they came out stronger than ever with the defense stopping Mayfair in their tr acks and the offence putting up some big numbers to win the game.


This was another game in which I didn't use a flash, but this time it was by choice. The lights were great and I was able to shoot at 1/400, which is something I seldom get to do. My settings were ISO 3200, f/2.8, and 1/400, while using the 300 f/2.8 and the 24-70 f/2.8 for the last two shots posted.




For the varsity game, lets start off with the cheerleaders.

















Coach talking to the team after their comeback win.



Group shot with the Milk Bucket

No comments: