About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Saint Anthony Football vs Vasquez

A couple of weeks ago the team I cover (Lakewood High) had their varsity game on a Thursday, which left my Friday evening open, although I did cover the JV game on that Friday.  Well I was asked if I could cover an additional varsity game and decided to cover the Saint Anthony vs Vasquez game.

This was sort of a test for me and my new camera.  I shoot for a local paper (PressTelegram) and see the shots other photographers get from this school and to be honest they are terrible.  With that said I took it as a challenge to push my new camera to its limits and see what I can get.

The game started like any other high school varsity game during this time of the year, but once the sun was down and it was as dark as it was going to get, I was shooting at an ISO of 25,600, aperture of f/2.8, and a shutter of 1/800.  I will say I was very happy with the shots I ended up, considering I was one stop away from maxing out my ISO capabilities.

Here are my favorites from the game.













No comments: