About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Lakewood Freshmen Football vs Leuzinger

Football has officially started for me yesterday.  Covered the Lakewood Freshmen vs Leuzinger game at Lakewood High School.  I will admit my timing was way off and I just couldn't get into my groove, but I did walk away with some nice shots that I can be happy with.

Not too long ago I bought a Canon 100-400 f/4.5 - f/5.6 to use with my wildlife photography.  Can't afford a Canon 500mm or 600mm and I wasn't happy with the Sigma 150-600 f/4.5 - f/6.3 so I went with the Canon 100-400 to give me some added range.  I am happy with it and my wildlife photography so I thought I'd give it a try with my first football game.  The one thing I was concerned about was shooting at a larger larger aperture.  I found that the background was fine and blurred enough to meet my needs, but it wasn't as fast as I would have liked with focusing.  I had every intention of bringing a second camera with my 70-200 f/2.8, but decided to simply bring the one lens (100-400) and see how it goes.

Below are some of my favorites from the game - enjoy.














1 comment:

Waltra Jelly Gamat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.