About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Lakewood vs Jordan

This game was an away game at Jordan High School. I didn't plan on attending this game but was having a rough day at work so I left early to shoot it. Getting out there shooting a game cheers me up no matter how bad a day I've had. Any hoot, the weather was terrible with dark clouds overhead just waiting to unleash their load, it did sprinkle a bit, but nothing bad.


For these shots I used the beast (300mm) with my camera set at aperture priority, f/2.8. My ISO started at 400 and ended at 1600. It got dark pretty quick with the sun going down and dark clouds overhead.





2 comments:

Ken said...

I REALLY like these captures Jim. Its all good :D I love to see the anticipation grimace as players are about to make headers, lol.

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Ken, you don't really see it when taking the shot, but looking at them afterwards is great.