About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hiking in Forest Falls

Finally I'm on vacation for a few days. With the wife and kids still on vacation I thought it would be nice to get out to the snow and do a bit of hiking a just plain having fun. I asked my two sisters if they and their families wanted to come along. One was able to come and the kids had a blast.

It was about an hour drive to Forest Falls, which is decent place to go that's not all that far and will usually have snow this time of year. We hiked up the trail for about a mile while the kids played in the snow and climbed around the rocks.

I made a lot of rookie mistakes while taking pictures of the action, but then again that's why I shoot sports. I really need to get out more. So with all that said, here are a few shots to share with those that come here to look. Enjoy.



My sister's and my family


My family







5 comments:

Ken said...

Those trees are huge! I really like the last 2 (and of course the 1st, lol). Looks beautiful there. I'm jealous!

Ken

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Ken, the kids really had a blast playing in the snow.

gidget_girrrl said...

the one of the "girl" is priceless,...love the way she looks there,.........and yeah,...i guess i missed some stuff, huh?

Lisa Walsh said...

Wow, what a beautiful location! I would LOVE to shoot there.

I absolutely adore the shot of the girl with the snow in her hair. Very nice!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Well you know gidget that you are more then welcome to come out with us next time.

Lisa - I'd have to say that is my favorite shot of the day. Her two brothers were throwing snow on here and this is taken right after she stood up. I don't think her mom has even seen this shot yet.