About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The end of track :(

Track season is now over. Both of my kids had their finals last week. My daughter, pictured below, threw for the freshmen / sophomore team, while my son threw for varsity. I do not have any shots of my son this time, but was able to move around and grab a few shots of some of the other athletes.

Two of my favorite runners from the team. They have great form and do an awesome job.

The following three shots are of the 100yd dash. I was kneeling just at the end of the track and waited until the runners I was capturing filled my frame. I liked the perspective this gave me.


In the next two shots both of these Lakewood girls were taking a strong lead in their distance run. When I took the shot I wanted to show their strong lead, which is shown by the blurred runners in the background.

Here are my last two shots of a high jumper. She was the last varsity jumper. I was able to take only a couple of shots from these two angels before she finished. I've always been amazed with the form of a high jumper, how they curve their body over the bar. Simply amazing.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Your pictures never cease to amaze me!!

Atchley Photography said...

Your pictures are so amazing! If I ever get rich I want to fly you to Alabama to take action shots of my boys!! I lOVE your work!

kymberli q. said...

I feel like I say the same thing over and over again when I visit your blog, but it's true...your sports shots are INCREDIBLE! Awesome work, Jim! Are your kids happy the season is over?

Wendy said...

You are truly amazing! These shots are unbelievable! WOW!!!!!!!