About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Orioles Baseball

Baseball is in full swing all over the country and I have finally gotten my first baseball job. Most of the jobs I get for baseball are from a parent who wants pictures of their son in action during a game. This is the fourth year I have taken pictures of this young man and have been able to watch him grow as a baseball player. As a matter of fact his mother asked about me putting together a slide show with pictures of him playing ball over the last four years. This should be interesting.

Any hoot, what I do during these jobs is to capture the athlete in all aspects of the game and hopefully show his personality. The types of action shots I get all depend on their involvement in the game and the positions they play. This young man played first base the whole game and made it to bat three times. So with all that said here are some shots of him.





He had three at bats and I was able to get one bob (ball on bat) during his last at bat.



I had to do one for fun. This last one was ran through LucisArts for the effect.

4 comments:

Misty Jones Photography said...

I love seeing all your action shots! Great job!

CMR photography said...

Jim fantastic job yet again !!!!

Kristi said...

WONDERFUL captures, Jim. I know the parents are so glad to have you around.

kymberli q. said...

Absolutely wonderful! Just like always!