About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Nephew and Cross Country

Today started with my nephews cross country meet. He is a freshmen at Torrance High and made the varsity cross country team, although he ran as a freshmen during this meet. His coach wants him to see how it feels to place, if not win, a meet, so he had him run on the freshmen team.

Before this meet his best time was 19min's. His official time was 17min's giving him second place with the boys freshmen team. Congratulations Draven, you did an outstanding job and are going to be an asset to the varsity team.

Prior to the start of his race I walked the course and found three spots to get some decent shots of him. This meet was held at a park, which made it rought to find a clear spot to shoot from that didn't give me a distracting background. All in all I was happy with my positioning and my shots.

This first shot was taken just about 1/4 mile into the race.

This next shot was taken at the half-way point.

And here are a few shots as my nephew approaches the finish-line.



4 comments:

mousie said...

Great pictures as always bro.... thanks so much for taking these =)
love you <3

Dave Peeters said...

Great shots, send them along to http://www.sportog.com and let the more of the fans and parents see - dave

LKN Images said...

XC's fun to shoot! I like the crowd shot - gives a little perspective on the event. Congrats to your nephew!

kymberli q. said...

That is awesome! Congrats to him!!!!