About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Army vs Pepperdine Women's Volleyball

Wow, what can I say. I have shot middle school championship volleyball, high school playoffs, and now D-1 college volleyball. Last Thursday I got an email from a friend of mine in New York who runs his own sports action photography business called CSI Photo. He currently shoots for several colleges, one being WestPoint (Army). Well their women's volleyball team was participating in a volleyball tournament out here at Pepperdine University and he asked if I would be interested in shooting their game against Pepperdine on Saturday night. Well, how could I say no. So after a few calls back and fourth and then to the SID (Sports Information Director) of Pepperdine University all was set.

It was a great drive to Malibu and along the coast as I headed out to Pepperdine University. What a beautiful college over looking the coast. With a great location came some outstanding volleyball. Thanks Dave for the opportunity to shoot my first D-1 College and shooting one of your colleges.

Here are my favorites from these games.











4 comments:

Denise Marie Olson said...

oh how I miss volleyball!!!! nice!!!!!!!!

CSI: Photo said...

Jim you got some great stuff. I'm sure the girls will love them. I will find out on Friday.

kymberli q. said...

That was nice of him! I've only been there once but it was beautiful! These shots are rockin' as usual!

Misty Jones Photography said...

Great job catching the action!!!