About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Crenshaw

As I've stated in my prior post it's officially football season and although football has been going on for a couple of weeks in the mid-west, it's just starting here in southern California. Well this last Friday was our first to start the pre-season, which was against Crenshaw. I'm not going to get into much detail about the game, other than to say it was a great game to watch and ended in a loss for Lakewood. Final score 28-27 Crenshaw.

I am going to give a one of my secrets away for those who follow my blog, especially when it comes to football. Prior to game start I will attempt to get some warm-up shots of the quarterback and receivers. This gives me an opportunity to get some great tight shots of them and some outstanding sportraits (sport portraits).

So with that said, here are my favorites from the game.





You'll notice that the first few action shots appear to have some light. During the first few games the sun is still up and provides some light during the first quarter. But take note, the sun is going down rather quickly and will demand that you remain aware of your settings to maintain a good shot and exposure. I will always shoot manual mode and start with an ISO of 400-800, aperture of f/2.8 to f/4, and shutter of 1/1000 to 1/3200. But this constantly changing and will eventually end with an ISO of 3200, aperture of f/2.8, and shutter of 1/250 to 1/400.










No comments: