About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Long Beach Middle School Boys Practice Track Meet

Long Beach boys middle school track has started with their practice meet this last Saturday. Middle school runs their meets a little different than high school. They will run their field events (shot put / high jump / long jump) first and then their track events. Since there were two high jump areas and two long jump areas I decided to focus on the long jumps, so after capturing all of the athlete's at one pit I moved to the next pit to get them in action. Once I had all of the jumpers I then went to get a few shots of the high jump before the track events started. During their next meet I will get the throwers and all of the high jumpers in action.






At the completion of the field events I then moved on to the track events.






The middle school track meets are held each year at Lakewood High School and during the meets the high school track athletes help with measuring and directing the middle school students. This group of athletes had a great time while working the meet. Thought I'd share a couple of shots of them.


1 comment:

Christina said...

Great Photos... I wanna be you, sometimes.