About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Belmont Shores Women's Rugby

This last Sunday I had the opportunity to shoot some women's rugby. I have been capturing these girls in action during the last two years and it's always a pleasure to watch them and capture the intensity in which they play. During this game Belmont Shores played against Las Vegas.

Although the clouds were somewhat dark and looming it was a great day to just be outside shooting, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Here are my favorites from the game.












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah great pics but the black team is the only ne with the ball! rugbyphil

Lisa Walsh said...

Awesome. Don't you just LOVE shooting rugby?

kymberli q. said...

Awesome images, Jim! So much intensity!!

Misty Jones Photography said...

These are awesome! What kind of lens do you use to get these close ups?? I am hoping to get the 70-200 one of these days so hopefully that is going to be your answer! :)

Jim, "Homer" said...

Hey Misty, I used the 300 f/2.8 on these, but the 70-200 f/2.8 is a great lens and will server you very well if you do get one.