About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Long Beach Relays

My son participated in the Long Beach Relays this past Saturday and what kind of photo dad would I be if I didn't take any pictures of him in action. I truly love watching him throw and compete and I hope these and all the other shots I've taken of him over the years show that.

So I will start with him. He first threw the discus at 9am and then the shot put at 1:30pm. My son placed 8th in the discus and 7th shot put.




While shooting various parts of the meet I was informed by my sister that my nephew was competing in the mile, so of course I had to take some shots of him. He ended up placing 3rd in the fresh / soph mile at 4min 54 sec.


The rest of these shots were taken while I waited for my son to throw the shop put.











I loved how this young lady did the high jump and took various angels of her jumping.






2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

These are so awesome! Love the light in your son's hair in the first shots, and the hurdle shot is a definite win (love how you can see all the hurdles behind her). I also always love the long jump shots with the sand flying. That lens is to die for...the DOF is so yummy, and your colors are so vibrant! Nice series!

kymberli q. said...

WOW, Jim!!! These are AMAZING!!!!! It's truly incredible how the body can be used! My favorite has to be the girl in the red shirt jumping over the bar. It's just perfection! I love that sand one too!! Your son is going to appreciate those photos soooo much when he is older.