About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bolsa Chica Wet Lands

 Ok, so I only gave you a taste of things to come, but until they do come I once again bring you back to Bolsa Chica Wet Lands. Can you tell this is one of my favorite spots to go to.

I started this outing around the middle of the wet lands to get some tern and pelican action, which was very minimal.  After taking a few shots I decided to walk along the back tree line to see if there was anything out and about.  While walking along the lower portion I saw a Cormorant sunning on a perch that an Ospray usually uses.  I took a few shots and decided to see what I could get from the upper portion of the trail, so as I was walking to that portion of the trail I lost sight of the Cormorant.  As I attempted to find him I saw an Ospray coming in with a rather large fish.  It appeared the Ospray wanted to land on the perch the cormorant was at, but he refused to move, so the ospray just flew on passing in front of me.  Although I would have loved for the ospray to have been much closer, I was happy with the shots I got.  Some times I get lucky and find myself in the right place at the right time.

Enjoy the pictures.











No comments: