About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family K

Ok, here I go again trying my hand at family portraits.

I met Kim while volunteering for the Southern California Special Olympic Summer Games as a photographer and can't thank her enough for getting me involved in such a great organization, but this isn't about that.

I was recently contacted by Kim asking about family portraits.  Although I'm a sports guy, I do occasionally shoot family and senior portraits, which she was informed.  After trying to scare her away she stayed and we made arrangements for a shoot this past Sunday.

Kim and her husband were foster parents to these outstanding young men and have decided to adopt them, which was the focus of this shoot.  They wanted pictures for the announcements.

Here are my favorites from the shoot, hope you like them as much as I do.









The below shot was a suggestion of mine.  I thought it would be fun for the two boys and something they can put up in their room.  We'll refer to this shot as the "Floating Heads"


No comments: