About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Alemany - First Round CIF Playoffs

Lakewood made it to the first round of CIF playoffs and was matched against Alemany in Mission Hills.  I left work early so I can avoid traffic during the drive to the valley, which is normally a terrible drive.  Got there a few hours early so I decided to grab a bite and relax since I had plenty of time.

Lakewood took 3rd in our league while Alemany took first in theirs.  To be honest I didn't expect this game to go well at all and expected Alemany to just destroy us.  Not that I didn't think our team had the ability to win, but based on the way they've played this season I didn't have high hopes.

Needless to say Lakewood probably played their best game against Alemany and although we lost 48-23, the score doesn't reflect how both the offense and defense played, and they played hard.  I'm sure Alemany didn't expect Lakewood to put up the fight they did.

Although we all went home knowing our football season was over, it was a great game and Lakewood should keep their heads up high knowing they gave it their all on the field.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the game.







No comments: