About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

McCully Family Portraits - Angel's Stadium

I was asked if I would be interested in shooting a family portrait session for a friend in Angel's Stadium.  Now I wouldn't be shooting my friend and her family, which I've shot earlier in the year, but a friend of hers.
 
She continued to tell me their neighbors have a 14 year old son who has stage 4 rhabdosarcoma, a super rare cancer, and she wanted to do something nice for them, such as a nice family portrait, which is where I come in.
 
For me this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to have access to Angel's Stadium for portraits, but on the other had an opportunity to do something nice for a family who has got to be going through a very rough time in their lives.
 
It was overcast and raining two days prior to our scheduled shoot, but the morning of the shoot looked to be a beautiful day.  I got to the stadium early and thought I'd take advantage of the extra time to take some shots of the stadium's entrance.
 
It was my pleasure and honor to photograph the McCully family.  Here you'll find some of my favorites from the shoot.
 












3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Jim. Something they will always cherish, and how cool was that getting to shoot in the stadium!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Jim, for taking the photos. I especially love the individual portraits of Cole. So cool!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks a bunch Mike and it was my pleasure taking these portraits.