About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Katin Surf Shop Seal Beach Surfing Championships

This past week I was asked by a photographer friend if I would be interested in covering the Katin Surf Shop Seal Beach Surfing Championships.  It was this Saturday and Sunday.  Well I was very interested, but knew I couldn't stay too long as my daughter's 21st birthday was Saturday.
 
So Saturday morning I headed out to Seal Beach in my shorts and t-shirt to shoot some surfing.  It was a great morning and beautiful day.  While I was shooting the action this little girl came right up to me, I think to take a look at my camera and lens.  She was a little cutie and after taking a look with me saying hi to her she did was kids normally do.  Starting running and playing in the sand.  How could I not take any shots.  I only wish I had a card on me so I could have gave it to the parents.  I would have loved to give them a few of the shots.
 
Any hoot, all though it was a great day there was definitely a slight haze / mist in the air between me and the surfers, which really took the sharpness out of my shots, because once I got home I just wasn't happy with what I had.  With that said, here are my favorites from the morning.
 
Either way, it was a great morning to be out.

 








No comments: