About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Seal Beach Sunsets

When a sunset is magical there is simply nothing better.  The thing about sunsets for me is I really never know what the skies will bring.  The skies will show great potential from my house or from the freeway while driving home from work and upon getting to my destination I would be met with clear skies.
 
So on this evening while driving home from work the skies showed great promise.  Now since it was already getting late I drove to Seal Beach, but upon arriving I notices some low coastal dark clouds rolling in from the south.  Initially I thought I made a mistake and should have continued down the cost to Huntington Beach, which appeared clear of the low coastal clouds from Seal Beach, but I stayed and watched as the skies progressed.  I'm amazed on how things can change and how often they quickly do.
 
These shots start about 30 minutes before the sun set and continued for another 45 minutes after the sun dropped past the horizon.  I've been told by a photographer friend (Peter Tellone) to wait and not leave once the sun sets.  Well over the last year I've done just that, once the sun sets below the horizon I've waited and on more occasions than not I have not been disappointed.
 
While viewing these shots watch and enjoy how the sky changes making this moment for me magical.
 











No comments: