About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Lakewood Track at Brea

A nice day to shoot some track. This last Saturday my son's school participated in a multi-school track relay. My son throws the shot-put and discuss and was going to run in the throwers 4x100 relay. So I go to get some shots of him in action and take various other action shots of the athletes. I try to focus on my son's school for picture sales.
As I said it was a great day and unfortunately I wore the wrong clothing. The morning are somewhat cool this time of the year so I wore long pants and a hooded sweatshirt, but as the day went on it just got hotter and hotter. Man I wish I would have at least wore shorts.
I was able to get some action shots of the hurdles, high jumpers, long jumpers, throwers, and runners. I used my beast (300 f/2.8) for all of these pictures. Did I tell you that I just love that lens. It is well worth the kid I had to sell to buy it. So take a look and leave a comment telling me what you think. I enjoy hearing from those who stop by.

The Look of High School Track.

Some Hurdle Action.





Girls High-Jump Action.






Boy High-Jump Action.



Some Long Jump Action.



Some running action.



One of the varsity throwers from Lakewood.


Here are two shots of my son, one throwing the shot put and the other throwing the discuss. He was first in the shot put, that was until another kid the next flight (heat) threw about 5' further. So he ended up getting in second. As for the discuss, I think my son is losing his focus and drive for the discuss. He did such a great job last year but now has a freshmen on the team who is throwing a lot farther then he did for his personal best. I think he is just discouraged that he's not doing as well as this younger kid. No matter what he throws, I'm proud of what he's accomplished.



During this meet they had some of the throwers run a 4x100 relay, which was unsactioned (just for fun). The thing is our fresh/soph team ran it faster then the fresh/soph runners did. My son ran the anchor for the throwers fresh/soph group. The second shot is of my son winning the race.


5 comments:

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Gosh Jim! I absolutely love the high jump images. Great job of capturing their full extension. Wow!

Jim, "Homer" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Amy, I hope to get some pole vautling during the next meet.

Lisa Walsh said...

Is that Kid Rock in the first picture, lol? Love the storyboard! What can I say? You're the man!

Al Quackenbush said...

That first photo says it all. Great shot!! That is a kid having fun and it's a nice intro to your post.