About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bolsa Chica Wetlands - Brown Pelican

Here I am with my first week of vacation over and I'm sitting at the wetlands, normally this would be the perfect close of a day, sitting along the rocks watching this brown pelican fish, but not this day.
 
The week prior to me starting my vacation my daughter was involved in an accident.  She is fine, just received some bumps, bruises, and a sore knee.  Anyone whose been involved in an accident know what follows.  Dealing with insurance, finding a rental, and then shopping for a replacement car.  All of these go hand in hand.  I didn't want to look for a used car until I found out my daughters car would be totaled or repaired.  I also waited to hear from my insurance as they did their investigation as to who was at fault.  Now I knew in my mind who was at fault and it wasn't my daughter, but I'm not the insurance company, so I had to wait for their call.
 
Once my vacation came along I spent the whole first week looking through craigslist and various other adds for used cars.  It couldn't be just any car, which made it rough, but none the less I, along with my wife, drove all over the place looking at cars.  It wasn't until this past Thursday - late, did we finally find one that was perfect.  As of Saturday that car became my daughter new ride, a 2003 Jeep Cherokee Laredo.
 
This is all really only half of how it's been.  During this past week my mom was taken to the hospital and after a few days they determined she had cancer, the result of smoking since she was 14 years old and she's 71 now.  This is a whole different issues, but it weighed on my mind and just added more stress.
 
So needless to say I needed to get out, even if it was only for a short time.  So while I sat on the rocks watching this pelican fishing I took pictures and thought about the last two weeks.  All my problems aren't solved, but I do have a new look about them.  Call it a re-charged battery.
 
Enjoy these shots.
 











No comments: