About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, May 16, 2014

James & Daphnie's Wedding

Let's start this post by saying I don't shoot weddings, which as you can see isn't true because you are looking at wedding shots as you read this.  The reality of it is I prefer not to shoot weddings and honestly if I had my way wouldn't ever shoot one, but because I am who I am and I believe one should do things for their family, here I am sharing pictures from my nephew's wedding.
 
Yep - when your nephew comes to you asking you to shoot his wedding you don't say no, well I don't say no because I do things for my family.
 
After its all said and done I do wish I would have used a flash, but with shooting sports, which is my expertise, I tend to avoid the flash and simply increase that ISO, which is what I did here.  Are these the best wedding shots your going to see, simply put - HELL no, but do they show two young people who love each other very much coming together - yes.
 
They haven't seen any shots except for the interior church shots, so I hope they are happy with what I have.
 
Now to the pictures, I loved the church they choose, which was easy for them as the brides father is the Pastor there and presided over the wedding ceremony.  Once I saw the church I knew I had to get some HDR shots of the interior, which are the first two here.  My daughter loved the light coming in on the second shot and to be honest I love it as well.
 
Enough talk, now enjoy the shots.
 



 

 
 









No comments: