About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lakewood vs Kennedy

Before I start writing about this weeks football I must give some background first. During this last week's practice my son re-injured his left shoulder. This was an injury that started during the summer and has came back a couple of times since then. Well on Tuesday he hurt his shoulder real bad, so bad he told me that he wanted to cry. So on Wednesday, which is the day before the game, he practiced light to give his shoulder a break and then suited up for the game on Thursday against Kennedy. I told him he should consider sitting out this game so his arm would heal and be ready for their first season game against none other than Poly. This game is a big game for Lakewood and they need all their starters in the game. John really didn't want someone else playing in his spot so decided to suit up and see what happens.

The JV team just walked all over Kennedy giving us a decent lead by the end of the first quarter. John played just about the whole first quarter and a little in the second quarter. Since the team was doing so well, the coach told John to sit out the second half and give his arm a rest, which he did. We ended up winning 34 - 8.

As for the varsity, John doens't really want to suit up for them because he believes he won't get a chance to play, so why suit up. He'd rather spend the time with his friends in the stands watching the game. So since his are was hurting him he talked to the head coach and decided to sit the varsity game out.

He picked the wrong game to sit out. The varsity did so well that they put everyone in, including the second string offensive lineman behind John. If John would have suited up he would have played in his first varsity game this last Friday night. After the game I met up with my son and could see it in his face. He was upset and depressed that he wasn't out there and didn't get a chance to play. I felt so bad for him, but I know he did the right thing not suiting up. Our game against Poly is an important game and we need him on the field. He can't help the team if he's injured and on the sidelines.

With all this said, here are some action shots from both games.






Now I couldn't post some shots of the game without a few of my favorite player, my son.


No comments: