About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bolsa Chica Wetlands - with a Canon 1DX

Well I recently got my hands onto a Canon 1DX to use for a short time and the first place I went to give it a run was the wetlands.  Not only did I have access to the 1DX, but I also had access to a 400 f/4.

My adoptive sister Jamie was down for a short time, so we got together this past Friday evening to spend some time chatting and taking pictures.  The perfect opportunity to take out this temporary new gear for a go.

I have to say, although there is a pretty big learning curve compared to my Canon Mark IIn, I was able to make some setting corrections and had a great time shooting it.  I was very pleased with how crisp my shots looked and know this a must have in the future.

I've been going to the wetlands for quite some time and haven't seen any osprey, but of course when I had someone with me one decided to show up with his catch of the day.  So I didn't stay in the area long, but did take a few shots, which is the shot of the osprey with the fish.

The following day I headed out to the wetlands once again to try the gear out and wouldn't you know that osprey returned.  This time I hung out and ended up with some nice in flight shots of the osprey coming in and taking off.

Love the camera.










No comments: