About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Lakewood JV Football vs Serra

Football has officially started for me and my first game finds me at Lakewood covering the JV game against Serra High.

This is my roots and where I developed my eye for action - FOOTBALL.  It was great being on the sidelines and I'm looking forward to a couple of months of action .

As my prior post where I indicated I had the opportunity to play with a 1DX, well that continues with me using it for this game.  Even though I can't afford one and will have to eventually go back to my Canon Mark IIn, I love that camera and I love how the shots look.  They are just so much clearer than what I normally get.  Tonight I get to try it out under the lights and I will be pushing that ISO to see how it looks at those very high ISO's, because in the end that's what I have the camera for, to test it and its limitations.  Noise or no noise - I'm pushing that ISO tonight.

Enjoy the shots as much as I did taking them.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anymore pics of the jv Lakewood vs Serra game?

Cynthia said...

AWESOME! I'm still struggling to get the ball in the photos. My quest is still on. Thanks for sharing!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Cynthia and to Anonymous, yes, I shot the whole game and will upload all the pictures to my smugmug account soon.