About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Jordan

 By bringing home the win last night, Lakewood clinches a spot in the playoffs and need to win against Millikan next week to hopefully get home field advantage during the first round of CIF playoffs.

Lakewood dominated this game from kick off by stopping Jordan in their first series and running the punt in for six.  It was a great game for the Lancers with a lot of great play execution.  Now lets get ready for next week and bring home that Hamilton Trophy.

I don't use a flash when shooting football.  Now I have used a flash in the past, but I was never really happy with the look of the shots and unlike so many of the sports shooters I see now, I don't own a 1DX (I shoot Canon) and have to make what I have work, which is what I teach, but in the end the gear I have and me simply work together like a love story.

I love the deep shadows and roughness that noise and non-flashed shots bring.  I also love getting shots with the scoreboard in the background filling up the shot.  I purposely did not post any action from the receivers or running backs and focused this post on those that work the trenches, our line and linebackers.

Please enjoy the shots.

Oh in this first shot I was able to catch the coin (coin toss) in mid-flight.  Its that slight sliver of light just over #7's head.








No comments: