About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Track - Lakewood at Millikan

Track season has started, well actually it started last week and because I screwed up on dates I didn't shoot it, so for my track photography, well that started yesterday at Millikan High School.

Yesterday I responded to Millikan High to cover the Lakewood and Millikan track meet.

I'm know for my sports shooting, which is where I really thrive, although now a days I've been very pleased and happy with my wildlife and sunset shots, but again when it comes to sports shooting I have to say track is my favorite.

With track there is just so much going on and different ways to capture it all.  I've never been the type of guy who takes weird or very unique angles, I tend to stay with the shots that show intensity, focus, and drive that our athlete compete in.  Its not about a winning contest shot, but about in getting a shot of the athlete they can be proud of as it shows them competing with that drive, focus, and intensity.

So enjoy these shots, because I enjoyed taking them.

















2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Awesome!!!! Reminds of me of my days running in the hot sun. Great captures! :)

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks a bunch Cynthia :)