About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

FC Long Beach Boys U9 & U10 Youth Soccer

With these two following teams that makes 7 out of 15 teams covered for action shots. Not even half-way done yet. I was hoping to get another game shot on Sunday but needed to stay home while my wife went out and spent some time with our daughter. I needed to rest anyways and just spent the time going through these shots and putting together a new BoxFlex I bought.
Well enough of that, now back to the games. This first game was a boys U10 game followed by a boys U9 game. Both of these games were in the afternoon with harsh light, which made positioning and shadows rough. There were also a lot of parents out, which made locations where I could shoot from limited. I sat while shooting both of these games to maintain a low perspective, which adds a lot of impact to the action.
All of these were shot with the beast (300 f/2.8) and my camera set at aperture priority at f/2.8. I had the ISO at 100, which gave me a shutter speed of 1/3200 - 1/5000.





This game was played immediately after the above 10U game and into the late afternoon, which meant some harsh light. As the first game I stayed low, pretty much sitting on the grass while shooting this game.

9U Boys







Yeah, you guessed it "A couple of fun ones"

3 comments:

gsh said...

Very nice and good action of the goalie. Im always a bit slow with the action on goal, always following the attacker and not the goalie.

Denise Marie Olson said...

oh man, for lit'l ones these guys are all guts!!! great captures!!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Your action shots always make me smile. They're so clear and crisp. Nice work!