About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Middle School Girls Practice Track Meet

Yesterday, Long Beach had their second middle school girls track meet at Poly High School. This was thier practice meet, which will be followed by the league meet then the All-City Finals. Normally these meets are held at Lakewood High School, but due to some construction on their track fields, all of the meets are being held at Poly.

I expected it to be a nice sunny day after the wheather we've been having, but woke up to see that it rained over night. Now this isn't a bad thing, as I can and will shoot under any wheather condition. As a matter of fact I prefer to shoot under overcast / cloudy skies as it defuses the light and limits the shadows. While I was out there it sure looked like it wanted to rain, but never did, so it turned out to be a pretty decent day for shooting some action.

I brought two lenes to this meet. My 70-200 f/2.8L IS and the beast (300 f/2.8L IS). I love using the 300 for the running events but find that I will have problems with the distance when shooting the long and high jumps. When using the 300 I'll get a lot of people standing in front of me so that's what the 70-200 is for, but as it turned out I only used the 70-200 for the long jump to get close enought to the action to keep people from jumping in front of me.














1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

LOVE the face and the sand action in that long jump shot!!!