About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Lakewood Football Scrimage

I've been waiting very patiently for football to start. Well maybe not patiently, but waiting all the same. Since my son is no longer playing, due to an injury he received last season, I am somewhat out of the loop for when things are going to happen. So knowing that Lakewood's football usually has a scrimmage game among themselves after hell week, I sent out some emails to some parents I knew had kids playing. Well yesterday I received a phone call from one of these parents and friend, who is also a sports shooter, that they were having their games yesterday evening. So I get my stuff together and head over to the school.

Now this was something between a scrimmage game and practice and to be honest I just wasn't in it to shoot. I spent most of the time talking with my fellow sports shooter / friend while shooting a little here and there.

The following shots are a few of my favorites from this scrimmage.

All of these shots were taken with my Canon Mark IIn and my 300 f/2.8L IS lens. I was shooting at aperture priority at f/2.8.




Now this last picture might not be the best action shot ever taken, but I liked it none the less. The player with the ball lowered his shoulder as he ran into this guy who was attempting to tackle him. Needless to say the tackle wasn't made by this guy. Take a look at the helmet and how the chin strap was pushed up over his mouth. He came close to losing his helmet.






2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

It's so great to see your football shots again!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to say more than WOW...but I cannot think of anything...just WOW!